Knitting Merging Hearts pattern Women's Cardigan
Knitting a beautiful and comfortable cardigan
can be a perfect addition to your wardrobe. If you're looking for a new knitting project, consider making a merging hearts pattern women's cardigan. This pattern is not only beautiful but also versatile, as it can be worn with jeans, leggings, or a skirt.
To create this cardigan, you'll need the following materials:
- 5 skeins of medium weight yarn in a color of your choice
- Knitting needles (size US 8)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Follow these instructions to create your own merging hearts pattern women's cardigan:
- Cast on 136 stitches using the long-tail cast-on method.
- Work 4 rows in a garter stitch pattern (knit all stitches).
- Switch to the merging hearts pattern. This is a four-row repeat pattern. Repeat the four rows until you reach the desired length for your cardigan.
- Work 4 rows in a garter stitch pattern.
- Bind off all stitches.
- Seam the sleeves and sides of the cardigan together using a mattress stitch.
Merging Hearts Pattern
Here's the merging hearts pattern:Note: This pattern is worked over a multiple of 12 stitches.Row 1 (right side):
*K2, P2, K4, P2; repeat from * to end of row.Row 2:
*K1, P2, K6, P2, K1; repeat from * to end of row.Row 3:
*K2, P2, slip 2 stitches to a cable needle and hold in back, K2, K the 2 stitches from the cable needle, P2; repeat from * to end of row.Row 4:
*K1, P2, K2, P2, K2, P2, K1; repeat from * to end of row.
Repeat these four rows until you reach the desired length for your cardigan.With this merging hearts pattern, you can create a beautiful and unique women's cardigan that's perfect for any occasion. Whether you're looking for something casual or more formal, this cardigan is sure to become a staple in your wardrobe.Happy knitting!