Knitting the Half Chains pattern Baby Vest
If you're looking for a cute and easy knitting project to make for your little one, consider the half chains pattern baby vest. This pattern features a unique and beautiful texture that is sure to impress. Plus, it's perfect for both boys and girls!
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of color
- US size 8 (5 mm) knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- 2 buttons
18 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
This pattern is worked in one piece from the bottom up.
- Cast on 52 stitches.
- Rows 1-6: Work in k1, p1 ribbing.
- Row 7: Knit.
- Row 8: Purl.
- Row 9: Knit.
- Row 10: K1, *yo, k2tog, repeat from * to last stitch, k1.
- Row 11: Knit.
- Row 12: Purl.
- Row 13: Knit.
- Row 14: K1, *k2tog, yo, repeat from * to last stitch, k1.
- Repeat rows 11-14 until the piece measures 6 inches from the cast on edge.
- Begin shaping the armholes:
Continue knitting until the piece measures 8 inches from the cast on edge.Begin shaping the neck:
- Bind off 3 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows.
- Decrease 1 stitch at each armhole edge every other row 3 times.
Continue knitting until the piece measures 10 inches from the cast on edge.Begin shaping the shoulders:
- Knit 17 stitches, bind off the next 18 stitches, knit to the end of the row.
- Working each side separately, decrease 1 stitch at the neck edge every other row 3 times.
Sew the side seams.Attach the buttons to the front of the vest.
- Bind off the first 8 stitches of each shoulder.
- Decrease 1 stitch at each neck edge every other row 3 times.
- Bind off the remaining stitches.
The half chains pattern baby vest
is a simple yet charming project that you can complete in no time. With its lovely texture and practical design, it will make a great addition to your little one's wardrobe. Have fun knitting!