If you're a knitting enthusiast looking for a new challenge, the 4 rows repeat knitting pattern is a great option to consider. This pattern is versatile, easy to memorize, and perfect for creating a variety of items such as scarves, shawls, and even sweaters. In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of knitting the 4 rows repeat pattern, step-by-step.
Materials:To get started with this knitting pattern, you'll need the following materials:
- Yarn - Choose a yarn that is appropriate for your project. Make sure to check the recommended needle size on the yarn label.
- Knitting Needles - Use the needle size recommended on the yarn label. For this pattern, we recommend using circular needles for larger projects.
- Stitch Markers - Optional but recommended for larger projects to help you keep track of your progress.
- Tapestry Needle - Use this needle to weave in ends and sew pieces together.
- Scissors - To cut the yarn when needed.
Instructions:Now that you have all the necessary materials, let's get started with the instructions for the 4 rows repeat knitting pattern.
Step 1: Cast OnCast on the desired number of stitches for your project. Make sure to leave a tail of about 6 inches so you can weave it in later. For this pattern, cast on a multiple of 4 stitches.
Step 2: Row 1Knit all stitches in the first row.
Step 3: Row 2Purl all stitches in the second row.
Step 4: Row 3Start the 4 rows repeat pattern with the following instructions:
- K2, *p2, k2* - Repeat this pattern until the end of the row.
Step 5: Row 4Start the second part of the 4 rows repeat pattern with the following instructions:
- P2, *k2, p2* - Repeat this pattern until the end of the row.